Dental cleaning Greenbelt residents prefer isn’t just about having a beautiful smile it’s about optimal oral health, and you can’t get the same results from at-home care alone. Talk to our dentists or hygienists during your next visit about the powerful positive effects of consistent dental checkups and teeth cleanings. Our Millersville, MD dental team is determined to help patients achieve and maintain optimal oral health. Both our Greenbelt and Millersville, Maryland Dental Hygienists receive 5 star reviews! Call to schedule your six month checkup and hygiene appointment today. If you have periodontal disease, you may need to have your teeth cleaned professionally more frequently than every six months. Your dental hygienist and dentist will help you with a schedule that works best for you.
Why Six Months Between Checkups & Teeth Cleaning Millersville?
What do WWI, the US government, a team of dental researchers, Pepsodent ad-men, and six month checkups have in common? Everything. During WWI, more recruits were prevented from entering the armed forces due to poor oral health than for any other medical reason. The US government declared dental health a national security risk, and put together a team of dental researchers to come up with a solution. They came up with six month preventive dentistry checkups. At first, the idea didn’t hold much weight, but thanks to a series of 1920s print ads from Pepsodent toothpaste, the idea caught on.
What Are the Benefits of a Twice Yearly Dental Cleaning by our Greenbelt or Millersville, MD Hygienists?
Patients receive innumerable benefits from consistent dental exams and cleanings including:
- Early diagnosis and treatment – of potentially destructive dental health issues such as tooth decay, periodontal (gum disease), bruxism (teeth grinding/clenching), TMJ disorder, and oral cancer.
- Reduce your risk – for tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss because hygienists remove hardened plaque that destroys enamel.
- Better overall health – is a benefit of maintaining great oral health. Gum disease has been linked to numerous systemic illnesses including heart disease, stroke, and pre-term or low-weight birth. Additionally, the mouth is the beginning of the digestive system. A healthy, properly functioning bite allows people to thoroughly chew and digest foods absorbing necessary nutrients.
- Teeth stay whiter – with regular dental cleanings because yellowing and staining occur most often due to dental plaque that damages teeth.
- Bad breath – is reduced as six month teeth cleanings remove bad-breath causing bacteria. Bacteria are living organism that break down nutrients from our foods to be absorbed into our bodies, but they also excrete unnecessary byproducts like rotten-egg-smelling sulfurs. As bacteria mix with sugars from our diet, they form a sticky film over teeth known as plaque. This plaque hardens collecting more bacteria into tartar that can only be removed during routine cleanings. All this time, more and more bacteria are absorbing and excreting compounds from our food. Hygienists remove this built up bacteria eliminating the most offensive bad breath odors.
What if it’s Been Years since My Last Visit to Have my Teeth Professionally Cleaned?
Whether your last dental cleaning was one year or ten years ago, don’t hesitate to contact McCarl Dental Group in Greenbelt, or McCarl Dental Group at Shipley’s Choice in Millersville, Maryland to schedule your checkup and teeth cleaning today. Our team will never make you feel ashamed. We’re here to help you get the healthiest smile, and we know your teeth will look and feel amazing after a thorough dental hygiene appointment.
Call for Teeth Cleaning from Your Greenbelt Dental Hygienists
Whatever your dental health care needs, call McCarl Dental Group for the dental cleaning Greenbelt residents rely on.