Dental Implants — Greenbelt, MD | Millersville, MD
Fill in Smile Gaps for a Lifetime
Even one lost tooth can adversely affect your smile and confidence in a number of ways. Tooth loss can make it more difficult for you to chew comfortably, speak clearly, maintain good oral health, preserve your remaining teeth and jawbone density, and feel good about your smile. To avoid complications like these and many more, we encourage patients to call McCarl Dental Group to schedule a tooth replacement consultation at our dental office in Greenbelt, MD.
At McCarl Dental Group, we pride ourselves on offering patients only the best in dentistry services. That’s why if you’ve lost one tooth or a full row of teeth, we’re going to encourage you to fill in those smile gaps for a lifetime with dental implants. This state-of-the-art tooth loss solution replaces missing teeth both above and below the gumline, which is why dental implants are widely considered the gold standard of tooth replacement. Our team is uniquely qualified to handle all aspects of your dental implant treatment. We start with a comprehensive examination, and we’ll coordinate your care throughout. To get started, don’t hesitate to give us a call today!
Why Choose McCarl Dental Group For Dental Implants?
- Multiple Dentists with Decade of Experience Placing & Restoring Dental Implants
- Entire Procedure Completed At One Location By Your Own Dentist
- Fair, Honest Prices with Flexible Payment & Financing Options
Expected Timeframe for Implants
Sinus Lift Procedure
Dental Implant with Sinus Lift
Dental Implant with Sinus Lift V2
Dental Implant Success Stories
“I get compliments constantly on my "beautiful" smile. I’m sticking with you guys!”
“You will find the most skilled, effective, and efficient dentists at McCarl Dental.”
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant consists of three main parts:
- Implant Post: Typically crafted from high quality titanium, these small posts are inserted into the jawbone to replace the roots of a missing tooth, providing a strong foundation for the visible portion of your replacement tooth or teeth.
- Abutment: This is a small connector piece that securely fastens the custom-made restoration to the top of the implant post or posts.
- Custom restoration: Depending on the extent of your tooth loss, we’ll craft a custom-made crown, bridge, partial, or full denture and secure it in place via the abutment to complete the visible portion of your smile.
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that restores missing teeth both above and below the gumline, effectively rebuilding missing teeth from the roots up. The end result is a smile that looks, feels, and functions just like natural, as if tooth loss had never occurred!
The 4 Step Dental Implant Process
We can provide every step of the dental implant process in the comfort of our Greenbelt, MD dental office – consultation, dental implant surgery, osseointegration/abutment, and dental restoration. Many dental offices refer all patients to an outside specialist to perform the dental implant placement, often adding time and expense to the process. Although the steps required to complete dental implant placement do require time and patience, at McCarl Dental Group, we bring convenience and cost savings to you. Our dentists have special training and experience to complete the entire four step process themselves, helping our patients rebuild their smiles in the most convenient way possible. Read on to learn how dental implants work in Greenbelt.
Initial Dental Implant Consultation
During your initial consultation, we will discuss your current oral and overall health to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for dental implant placement. We will also use advanced technology and equipment to examine your teeth, gums, jawbone, and other facial structures to determine if you will require preliminary treatments before moving forward with dental implants in Greenbelt. Bone grafts, periodontal therapy, and tooth extractions can easily be performed to create a more stable and structurally sound environment for your implants when put into place.
Your initial consultation will also include a thorough and personalized treatment plan that discusses the step-by-step process as well as a breakdown of the overall cost.
Dental Implant Surgery
At McCarl Dental Group, we frequently are able to perform the entire dental implant process in-house from start to finish. Instead of always relying on an outside specialist to perform the initial dental implant placement surgery, you can will remain in our Greenbelt dental office to undergo a more convenient and efficiently coordinated procedure.
Your implant dentist in Greenbelt will begin by administering local anesthesia to appropriate areas of your mouth. This will effectively numb the area, preventing you from feeling any pain throughout the procedure. Next, we will make a very small opening in your gums to prepare for implant insertion. Carefully, we will place and angle each titanium implant to ensure maximum support.
Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment
The implant may need to “sleep” and strengthen for 3-4 months before restoration with a porcelain crown. Allowing an implant to fuse to the jawbone or “sleep” significantly adds to its strength. This process is known as osseointegration. During this time, you will follow the instructions provided to you by our team regarding ways to care for your oral health, foods to avoid, and ways to encourage healing.
Once the implant is fully integrated, you will return to our dental office to start the easy restorative procedure. An impression post or digital scan body will be temporarily placed above the implant for us to make an impression or digital scan. This is a quick, comfortable dental appointment. Three weeks later, the restoration will be ready. One of the exciting advances in dental technology is the increased use of digital scanning. McCarl Dental Group invests in the latest and best technology for our dental patients.
Delivery of Dental Implant Restorations
The last stage of dental implant placement is receiving your custom-made dental restoration. This can be a dental crown, fixed bridge, partial, or full denture depending on the extent of your tooth loss. Digital images or impressions of your smile are sent to a lab where technicians fabricate your dental restoration based on specifications provided by our dentistry team (i.e., size, shape, color). When secured into place, your dental restoration will blend in naturally, allowing you to embrace a healthy, beautiful smile that looks and functions just like regular teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
We understand you may be unaware of the many great benefits that can only be achieved with the help of dental implants. While alternative solutions like dentures and dental bridges make for more affordable, nonsurgical options, they lack the permanence, stability, and functionality offered by dental implants. Considered the gold standard for tooth replacement, these permanent prosthetics make it possible for you to eat, speak, and smile with ease while embracing a better quality of life. At McCarl Dental Group, our team is here to help you better understand the benefits of dental implants in Greenbelt.
- Dental implants make it possible to enjoy your favorite foods. Providing a greater bite force and chewing power, the titanium posts help to create a solid and firm foundation that allows you to consume a nutrient-rich diet full of lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, dairy, and more. Also, you won’t need to worry about your implants slipping or falling out because of their permanent placement within your jawbone.
- According to a study titled, “Biting Into Denture Care,” 34% of denture-wearers admit their prosthetics limit their ability to live a full and complete life. With dental implants in Greenbelt, you can be free to live each day to the fullest with greater confidence and comfort in your own smile. Offering greater stability, a natural aesthetic, and improved function, you’ll enjoy gathering with family, friends, and colleagues once again.
- Instead of soaking your dentures at night, you can enjoy a less cumbersome prosthetic. Dental implants act just like regular teeth, making it easier to brush, floss, and rinse. Because of the easy maintenance associated with implants, you will lower your risk of tooth decay and gum disease as long as you remain committed to your oral hygiene routine. Not to mention, your dental work retained by implants will never be subject to decay.
- Dentistry Today reports that individuals over the age of 65 who have lost 5 or more teeth are at a greater risk for cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes. However, if you replace your missing teeth with dental implants, you can lower your risk for common health problems that are known to shorten lifespans.
- Dental implants are known for their ability to preserve bone and facial appearance. Because tooth loss is closely tied to jawbone deterioration, tooth replacements like dentures and dental bridges do not offer continuous stimulation to the bone. However, because dental implants must fuse with the bone and surrounding tissues during osseointegration, this allows for a stronger, more durable jawbone that minimizes your risk for facial collapse and additional tooth loss.
- If your experience facial changes while wearing dentures, you may develop sores and irritation to your oral soft tissues. This can be the result of your prosthetic no longer fitting correctly, but with dental implants, you can avoid the irritation and enjoy a more comfortable tooth replacement because of their design to replace the entire tooth structure instead of simply sitting on top of the gums.
- Upon initial placement by a licensed and qualified implant dentist in Greenbelt, dental implants have a success rate of 98%. After 10 years, the rate only lowers to 90-95%.
- You will save money in the long run by choosing dental implants because you will not be required to purchase dental adhesives, specialized cleaning solutions, or undergo frequent adjustments and replacements every 5-7 years like you would with dentures or dental bridges.
- Dental implants have long-term effectiveness in stabilizing crowns, bridges, and dentures, making it possible for them to last decades or even a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Dental implants are extremely versatile and able to meet the needs of patients with varying degrees of tooth loss. In fact, most individuals are considered viable candidates for dental implants; however, some may require preliminary treatments in order to ensure the new prosthetics remain firmly in place for as long as possible. If you are searching for a dental implant dentist in Greenbelt, MD, you’ll be pleased to know that our team can help you decide which type of restoration listed below would be best for you. Simply call our office to schedule a consultation today.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Most adults who suffer from tooth loss are eligible candidates for dental implants. At McCarl Dental Group, our team of experts will examine your smile in its entirety with the help of advanced dental technology. Not only will we perform a visual examination, but we’ll also use our iTero scanner to capture impressions, photos, and models of your oral cavity. This will allow us to determine if you need preliminary treatments before moving forward with dental implant surgery.
A few of the factors we will consider include:
- The status of your oral health and if you show signs of gum disease or tooth decay. If so, you may be required to undergo periodontal therapy or have a tooth removed or restored.
- The status of your overall health, which is necessary to ensure that you are healthy enough to undergo minor oral surgery.
- The status of your jawbone. If there is not enough to provide adequate support to your dental implants and customized restoration, bone grafting may be necessary to create a stronger foundation for your future smile.
At McCarl Dental Group, we believe we can help you achieve a complete smile, so even if you do not believe you will qualify for treatment, it’s best to schedule a consultation with us. Our team knows what to look for and can provide safe and effective solutions that will lead to long-lasting, life-changing results.
Missing 1 Tooth
Even one missing tooth can make eating and speaking difficult. However, instead of relying on a traditional fixed bridge to restore your smile, we can insert a single tooth dental implant. Once an implant root is firmly in place, we attach an abutment that connects the implant post to a custom-made, all-porcelain dental crown. Unlike a traditional bridge, this new tooth will be able to firmly stay in place without putting stress on the nearby teeth and gums. And, because a dental implant restored with a porcelain crown looks like the teeth that surround it, it will completely blend into the smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
A bridge is a prosthetic tooth replacement option that restores the crown portion of one or more consecutive missing teeth. Using dental implants as secure anchors within the jawbone, our team helps you restore your smile and your bite with an implant bridge. The implants help to keep the jawbone healthy while the carefully crafted restorations look & feel natural. The same process can be completed even if your missing teeth are not next to each other. Instead of creating an implant bridge, we can secure an implant partial over the tops of your implants. Enjoy a beautifully restored smile with dental implants and a custom bridge or partial.
Missing All Teeth
Dentures that are secured to the jawbone using dental implants are more comfortable and look more natural than traditional removable prosthetics, making them an ideal choice for men and women who prefer a sturdier and stronger tooth replacement option. Our dental implant dentists in Greenbelt, MD can insert between 4 and 6 implant posts to help to keep the jaw strong while the beautifully crafted dentures allow you to smile, speak, and eat with renewed confidence. You’ll love the comfort that comes with the placement of implant dentures.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Because dental implants are able to help patients with a wide spectrum of tooth loss, the cost of the procedure can vary quite a bit from patient to patient as well. How many teeth a patient would like to be replaced, where they are located in the mouth, and the need for any preparatory procedures (such as a bone graft or tooth extraction) are all important factors that can affect the overall price of the procedure.
While it is true that implant restorations tend to cost more upfront than standard bridges or dentures, they are actually the most cost-effective option overall. Why? In addition to their superior function and aesthetics, dental implants are also extremely durable. Traditional replacements typically need to be completely redone every 7-10 years, while dental implants, with excellent care may last for 20 years or more. This often makes them just a onetime cost, saving a patient thousands of dollars in routine maintenance compared to more traditional treatments.