1. Smoking or using any tobacco products accelerates the chance for tooth loss.
2. Bad breath is usually caused by bacteria that are found on the tongue.
3. You should change your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after a flu or cold.
4. Oral habits such as cheek and lip biting increase the chance for oral cancer.
5. The best age to take a child for his/her first visit to the dentist is between 18-24 months.
6. Periodontitis is inflammation of the supporting structures of a tooth or teeth including
the gum, the periodontal ligament and the jaw bone.
7. Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums.
8. Fluoride is useful because it decreases the chance for cavities.
9. As we get older, our chance for cavities increases.
10. McCarl dentists and hygienists recommend that you brush your teeth twice daily and floss your teeth daily.