How much do you know about Periodontal Disease?
1. What systemic diseases are related to periodontal disease?
a) heart disease
c) premature birth
d) rheumatoid arthritis
f) all of the above
2. Flossing and gum health have been linked to longer healthier lives. True or False
3. What percentage of Americans over the age of 35 has some form of periodontal disease?
4. Patients who want to maintain a healthy smile should…
a) visit their dentist at least twice a year
b) brush with fluoride toothpaste twice daily
c) floss teeth daily
d) all of the above
5. Match the dental term with the correct definition
a) gingivitis _____
b) periodontal disease _____
c) plaque _____
1) chronic bacterial infection that causes gum tissue to pull away from the teeth forming pockets and
resulting in damage to the bone supporting the teeth and ultimately the loss of teeth
2) sticky film with bacteria that constantly forms on your teeth and gums
3) mild inflammation of the gums often characterized by red, swollen and bleeding gums which can
be prevented by regularly brushing and flossing teeth
1) Must be a Facebook Fan of www.Facebook.com/McCarlDental (Just click “LIKE”)
2) Submit quiz answers to McCarl Dental Group via email to email@example.com
3) The winner will be selected randomly from Facebook Fans with correct answers.
4) Employees are not eligible for prize money but their families are!
5) Winner must pick up the check from our Millersville or Greenbelt Dental Office.
6) Drawing will be held on July 1, 2010.
Answers are in our Taste of the Bay Cover Story!