Dr. Monica Mattson
Monica M. Mattson, DDS, hails from Westchester County, New York. After being awarded a Bachelor in Science from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Dr. Mattson attended Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine. In 1995, Monica was commissioned as an Officer in the United States Navy. She completed a General Practice Residency in Dentistry (Senior Resident) at the Naval Hospital of Camp Pendleton, CA. Dr. Mattson is licensed in MD, FL, and PA and joined the McCarl Dental Group in 2003.
- Ongoing advanced training in traditional dental implants, including the use of cone beam cat scans, computerized pre-surgicial planning and certification to both restore and surgically place minimally invasive (mini) and conventional implants.
- Ongoing advanced orthodontic training for Invisalign
- Dr. Gordon J. Christensen’s Clinician’s Report Foundation for dental material and procedural updates Christensen
- Advanced cosmetic dentistry training from the Las Vegas Institute
Membership in Dental Organizations:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Carroll County Dental Society
- Maryland State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Delta Sigma Delta National Dental Fraternity
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Board of Oral Implantology
- Triple Crown Study Club - Maryland Division of the Seattle Study Club
- Served as a Teaching Assistant for Dental Anatomy and Prosthodontics at Case Western Reserve University, and was elected Faculty Senate Representative for the Medical, Nursing and Dental School.
- Taught Maryland’s Emergency Medical Personnel, and presents oral hygiene and dental career motivational lectures to elementary school children annually.
- Participates is many humanitarian projects locally and abroad, including free dental services for populations in Japan, East Timor, Palau, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, and the Philippines.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Pierre Fauchard Academy recognition for trust, outstanding leadership, integrity and interpersonal communication skills
- Quintessence Award for research achievement
- Eleanor Bushee Award, American Association of Women Dentists
Pet lovers, Monica and her spouse live on an equine rescue and training center in Carroll County, MD. In her spare time, she enjoys outdoor recreation and traveling with her family and friends.