Dr. Jay McCarl
After obtaining his B.A. from Gettysburg College, Dr. Jay McCarl went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Maryland Dental School, one of the top rated dental schools in the country.
- Boston University International Implant Symposium
- Ongoing advanced training in dental implants, certified to both restore and surgically place minimally invasive (mini) implants.
- Ongoing advanced orthodontic training for Invisalign
- Advanced Clinical Dental Courses with Dr. Gordon J. Christensen
- Advanced cosmetic dentistry training from:
The Las Vegas Institute
Dr. Peter Dawson
Dr. Frank Spears
Membership in Dental Organizations:
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Anne Arundel County Dental Society
- Maryland State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Triple Crown Study Club - Maryland Division of the Seattle Study Club
- Speaking engagements on dental health and nutrition at area schools.
- Mission trips doing volunteer dentistry in the hills of the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- Donated Dental Services (DDS) Volunteer with the National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped
- Listed in America’s Top Dentists selected by the Consumers Research Council of America
- Named a Top Dentist in Anne Arundel County
- Pierre Fauchard Academy recognition for trust, outstanding leadership, integrity and interpersonal communication skills
- Recognized by BECDEN, a National Dental Lab for excellence in cosmetic dentistry
Dr Jay and his wife, Kimberley, have two children, Jonah and Tori. Their family adores their golden doodle "Jack." When away from the office, he coaches several children's sports teams and is very active in his church. Dr. Jay has also helped author a book on the history of Greenbelt, MD. The McCarl family was among the first families in Greenbelt and Dr’s McCarls’ grandfather James W. McCarl, DDS became the town’s first dentist!